Advanced C++ Programming [CPP]
- Th, 10:00 - 11:30, Room 0.141 (Cauerstr. 6)
Preconditions, activity confirmation
- Students in their advanced study period
- Activity confirmation after a successful participation: "Schein" for 2 SWS / 2,5 ECTS
You claim that you know C++? Or you would even call yourself an experienced C++ programmer?
Well then, do you know
- the difference between member constants and constant members?
- the difference between operator new and the new operator?
- the following appreviations: ARM, STL, LSP, RVO, RAII, EBO, EDO, COW, CRTP, SFINAE, ...?
- at least five different C++ design patterns? Could you explain them in detail?
This seminar is focused on everyone who has already mastered the syntax of C++ and who feels
that there must be more to this language then just some more features in comparison to C. This
seminar addresses everyone who is interested in learning more about this programming language,
who wants to delve into the (sometimes tricky) details of C++, and who wants to improve his own
C++ programs in terms of style, correctness, efficiency and performance.
Among others, this seminar will cover the following topics:
- Dynamic vs. static polymorphism
- C++ design patterns
- Resource management
- Exception handling
- Expression templates
- Mastering the STL
- The Boost library
||Basics of Dynamic Polymorphism
||C++ Design Patterns
||Mastering the STL
||The Boost Library