High End Simulation in Practice
|Lecture||Tu, 08:30 - 10:00||Room 0.111|
|Board Exercise||Mo, 12:15 - 13:45||Room 00.153|
|Computer Exercise||Mo, 16:00 - 17:30||Room 0.01|
|Computer Exercise||Tu, 15:45 - 17:15||Room 0.01|
03.05.2011: Added a second time slot for computer exercises, on Mo, 16:00-18:00 in Room 0.133.
29.04.2011: There are no exercises on Monday, 2.5.
- 03.08.2011: The videos are online now. You can check them out here.
- 12.07.2011: Detailed information for registration for the oral exams were sent by mail. Deadline is Thursday July 21st.
- 04.07.2011: There will be no lecture on Tuesday, 05.07.2011. Instead of the board exercise on Monday, 04.07.2011, there will be a guest lecture by our visiting professor Dr. Vivek Buwa from the IIT Delhi on the topic: "Simulations of Large-scale Multiphase Flows Using Continuum and Discrete Particle Methods". The talk will be from 12:15 - 13:45 in room 00.153. Dr. Buwa will give a second lecture on Thursday, 07.07.2011 16:00-17:30, Room 0.111 on the topic "Simulations of Microscopic Multiphase Flows Using the Volume-of-Fluid (VoF) Method".
- 25.05.2011: Application deadline for Ferienakademie 2011 is on 29.05.1011.
For details (especially on course 4), please see this presentation or visit last year's course homepage (including photos and an article by Tobias).
- 25.05.2011: Extended deadline for Assignment 2 to 04.06.2011, 00:00 UTC+1 (the night between Friday and Saturday).
Make sure your code compiles with the flags -Wall! (We found out that the -ansi flag may cause problems together with OpenCL, so do not use it!)
- 17.05.2011: Extended deadline for Assignment 1 to 21.05.2011, 00:00 UTC+1.
- 06.05.2011: Added information on course registration requirements to the exercises page.
- Introduction to OpenCL
- Introduction to physical phenomena such as molecular dynamics and rigid body dynamics
- Parallel Algorithms for the numerical solution of physical problems
- Advanced physical models
- Software engineering for parallel, large-scale physical simulations
- Computer Science, Computational Engineering students.
- Master students from 1st semester. Bachelor students from 5th semester.
- C++ programming knowledge necessary