|Büro|| Cauerstr. 11 |
|Telefon||+49 9131 85 67295|
|Fax||+49 9131 85 28928|
|Adresse|| Cauerstr. 11 |
- I am involved in the development and validation of the multi-physics software waLBerla. Its aim is to provide a flexible framework for CFD simulations and beyond that efficiently makes use of current and future supercomputers.
- My special focus there is on particulate flows, i.e. the description of particle-fluid interactions. Applications are the sediment transport in river beds or fluidized bed reactors.
- I lead the exercises for the courses "Simulation and Scientific Computing 1" and "Simulation and Scientific Computing 2", which are one of the key lectures in the Computational Engineering program.
- Formerly, I was the tutor for the course "Numerical Simulation of Fluids". Therein, the students get to know the concepts of CFD and apply a suitable discretization method to finally come up with a self-implemented fluid flow simulator.
- Large-Scale Simulations of Fluidized Beds with the Lattice Boltzmann Method, Details
- Direct Numerical Simulation of Sediment Transport in River Beds, Details
- Further topics upon consultation
Reserved and Running Theses
- M. Rippl, Computational Analysis of Particle Migration in a Square Micro Channel, Master Thesis, 2016
C. Rettinger, M. Avila (LSTM, FAU)
- D. Schuster, Direct Numerical Simulations of Fluidized Beds with the Lattice Boltzmann Method, Master Thesis, 2017
C. Rettinger, U. Rüde, V. Buwa (IIT Delhi)
|2017||Rettinger, Christoph; Rüde, Ulrich||A comparative study of fluid-particle coupling methods for fully resolved lattice Boltzmann simulations||submitted to Computers & Fluids, preprint in arXiv, pp. 1-29.||Journal Article||Download|
|2017||Rettinger, Christoph; Rüde, Ulrich||A comparative study of fluid-particle coupling methods for fully resolved lattice Boltzmann simulations||Computers & Fluids, pp. 74-89.||Journal Article||Download|
|2017||Rettinger, Christoph; Rüde, Ulrich||A Coupled Lattice Boltzmann Method and Discrete Element Method for Discrete Particle Simulations of Particulate Flows||submitted to Computers & Fluids, preprint in arXiv, pp. 1-20.||Journal Article||Download|
|2017||Rettinger, Christoph; Godenschwager, Christian; Eibl, Sebastian; Preclik, Tobias; Schruff, Tobias; Frings, Roy; Rüde, Ulrich||Fully Resolved Simulations of Dune Formation in Riverbeds||High Performance Computing: 32nd International Conference, ISC High Performance 2017, Frankfurt, Germany, June 18-22, 2017, Proceedings, pp. 3-21, by Springer International Publishing.||Conference Proceedings||Download|
|2016||Rettinger, Christoph; Rüde, Ulrich||Simulations of Particle-laden Flows with the Lattice Boltzmann Method||Proceedings in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, 16(1), pp. 607-608.||Journal Article||Download|
|2017||Rettinger, Christoph; Rüde, Ulrich||Discrete particle simulation of particulate flows with the lattice Boltzmann method||26th International Conference on Discrete Simulation of Fluid Dynamics, Erlangen.|
|2017||Rettinger, Christoph; Rüde, Ulrich||Massively Parallel Lattice Boltzmann Simulations of Fully Resolved Particulate Flows||VII International Conference on Coupled Problems in Science and Engineering, Rhodes Island, Greece.|
|2016||Rettinger, Christoph; Rüde, Ulrich||Comparative study of coupling methods for direct numerical simulations of particulate flows with the lattice Boltzmann method||ICMMES 2016, Hamburg.|
|2016||Rettinger, Christoph||Simulations of Particle-laden Flows with the Lattice Boltzmann Method||GAMM Annual Meeting, Braunschweig.||Download|